Car Engine Diagnostics in Guelph, ON
What do you do when you’ve been feeling poorly for a while? You go to the doctor, right? Doctors use their knowledge and maybe run some tests and, hopefully, diagnose the problem and offer a remedy.
Vehicles need the same care sometimes. If you suspect there’s something amiss with your vehicle, you might be searching, “Vehicle diagnostics near Guelph,” “Where can I get car engine diagnostics?”, “How do vehicle diagnostics work?”, or something similar. Bert’s Tire & Auto can help. Here’s what you should know about vehicle engine diagnostics.
“Can I get vehicle diagnostics near me in Guelph, Ontario?”
You can, and it’s easy. Just come to Bert’s Tire & Auto and we can run diagnostics on your engine. We can diagnose a wide variety of different engine problems. But how exactly do vehicle diagnostics work and when are they warranted?
When should you have vehicle diagnostics performed on your engine?
If you’re noticing problems with your vehicle, it’s always a good idea to bring it to Bert’s Tire & Auto so we can run a diagnostic assessment.
However, sometimes there’s something wrong with your vehicle but you can’t tell until it’s too late.That’s why it’s wise to follow a regular maintenance schedule and have your vehicle inspected routinely. This is good vehicle preventive maintenance and it decreases the possibility of your car developing major—and expensive—problems.
Bert’s Tire & Auto diagnostic services
At Bert’s Tire & Auto, our technicians can assess a range of different vehicle components, including:
- Batteries –Your vehicle needs a battery for your radio, headlights, and other electrical components to function.
- Charging System – Even with a working battery, if your battery terminal posts, clamps, and cables don’t work, your electrical components may not be ale to function.
- Alternator – Your alternator must be in good working order to fully charge your battery and power your electrical system while your engine is running.
- Warning Lights – As soon as you see your check engine light, or any other warning light, on your dashboard,you should come to Bert’s Tire & Auto.
- Rough Running – Rough running while idling often results form a problem with your oxygen sensor, fuel filter, or pump.
- Scan Tool – At Bert’s Tire & Auto, we have a scan tool that can diagnose problems and re-program your vehicle’s control modules.
- Misfires – Misfires are often symptoms of bigger problems.
- Exhaust – An exhaust in good working order won’t be loud or rattle.
- Hard Shifting – Shifting from one gear to another should be a smooth and easy process.
- Air Bags – Nothing is more important than safety, so at Bert’s Tire & Auto, we’ll always make sure your airbags are working properly.
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) – Without a working ABS, you’re liable to skid on icy or wet roads.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) – The TPMS sensor signals when the air pressure in your tires is too low.
- Emissions Test – An E Test measures the pollutants your vehicle emits to ensure it’s under the legal limit.
Bert’s Tire & Auto offers vehicle diagnostics in Guelph, Ontario.
To book an appointment for vehicle diagnostics, or for any other kind of service for your vehicle, please click here. To learn more about vehicle diagnostics, or about any of our other services or products, please contact us via our website or call 226-314-1034